NOTE: No in-person meeting this month.
Meeting Call: Sacramento L5 Society, Local Chapter, National Space Society
Where: Virtual presence only, via Zoom
When: Saturday, January 14th, 2023, 5:00-6:30 PM Pacific Standard Time
•These meetings are recorded.
•Folks will be asked to briefly share their video, and phone callers asked to identify themselves.
•We use the “waiting room” format. If I keep you waiting, call me and bawl me out! 916-429-6252
Join Zoom meeting:
Find your local number: https://us06web.zoom.us/u/kbdpRGEmNm
Meeting ID: 868 9868 4719
Passcode: Ask Joe [email protected]
5:00-5:10 Begin regular meeting: Margin for everyone to arrive/greeting of new members.
5:10-6:00 Updates/general chapter business:
•President’s & Treasurer’s report. (Joe Bland, Ed Kulis)
•Update on SacL5 website (Ed Kulis)
•Update on NSS Chapters’ Assembly (CA) and CA chapter resources subcommittee. (Jan Roston, Kris Cerone)
•Update on JP Aerospace. (Paul Turner, Jan Roston)
• Update on Eric’s steam engine (Eric James)
•Update on “Watts On The Moon, Phase 2, stage 2” NASA application (Joe Bland)
•Update on SacL5/JP Aerospace “prize” (Ed Kulis, Paul Turner, Eric James, Kris Cerone, Joe Bland)
•Discussion on SacL5 physical meeting startup date
6:45 Begin SacL5 Writers Group meeting (Paul Turner)
7:30 Adjourn SacL5 Writers Group meeting.
7:30 End meeting
Last month we decided to try for a physical meeting this month, but I’m just not up to it. Hopefully next month!
See everyone at 5:00 PM PST tomorrow!
7482 Greenhaven Drive
Sacramento, CA 95831
- WebSiteTraffic Report 12/10/22 – Visits: 10,568 (+540)
- SacL5 Aerospace Prize – Joe’s completed the final draft and he can take it to a local California school
- JP Aerospace:
- Working on initial firings of the propulsion motor
- Working towards Max Q calculations
- Design has Ascenders pushing to rendezvous with Orbital Transfer Vehicles
- Meeting items: Might meet physically in February
- NSS Blog is has an awkward workflow with delayed reviews
- Quarterly Chapter Resources email sent
- Paul Turner’s New Book
- Quest for Sylvane to buy: Amazon.com Services LLC. To learn more: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BFK3R5JK/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_4GW4RK0NG26WJWD29GYA
- JP Aerospace
- Breakfast on the Moon Apollo 17
- Saturday morning, 7am PT start December 10, 2022. 8pm in India.
- Overview: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_17
- A Traveler’s Guide to the Stars” by Les Johnson – Realistic discussions of crewed starship designs / timeframes for a feasible trip to Proxima Centuri in a reasonable amount of time
- “The Sparrow” by Mary Doria Russell – A SciFi novel about the first contact and a a trip to meet singing aliens living near Proxima Centuri. The meeting does not go well.
- The Alice Network – Women Spies in World War 1
- Fly Girls – How Five Daring Women Defied All Odds and Made Aviation History
- Goodnight Moon Base – What if every bedtime was a powerful inspiration for your child’s future?
- Moonfall – Leave your physics back at home but if you like a series of mostly predictable travails to reflect dim light on your popcorn then go for it.
- Start Trek: Strange New Worlds – “Quality of Mercy” – Last episode of Season 1. Rich characters, deep references, thoughtful reflection on what qualities are mercy
- The Orville: New Horizons – Comedy but good
- Star Trek: Discovery – No universe too big to save and of course, need to save all multi-verses through all time…
- Severance – Hmm…, might that enthusiasm for work, plaques, and quarterly pizza parties really be for someone else?