- See our Contact page for more information about member
- JP Aerospace Blog
- Successful run of Magneto Hydrodynamic Test Rig
- SacL5 High School Student Flight Prize
- Joe reached out to the faculty at California School of Engineering and Sciences in Sacramento, CA with details of the SacL5 Balloon Flight Request for Proposal
- Chapters Assembly Notes
- General Discussion
NOTE: No in-person meeting this month.
Meeting Call: Sacramento L5 Society, Local Chapter, National Space Society
Where: Virtual presence only, via Zoom
When: Saturday, July 8th, 2023, 5:00-6:30 PM Pacific Daylight Time
•These meetings are recorded.
•Folks will be asked to briefly share their video, and phone callers asked to identify themselves.
•We use the “waiting room” format. If I keep you waiting, call me and bawl me out! 916-429-6252
Join Zoom meeting:
Find your local number: https://us06web.zoom.us/u/kbdpRGEmNm
Meeting ID: 868 9868 4719
SacL5 Vice President and long time member Paul Turner sent an email out on June 12th. Hope you all got it! Here’s what he said:
“The hardcover edition of For the Love of Maggie O’Die is finally live on Amazon. Only 32 years in the making.”
He included the following url, and I promptly went out and bought the hardcopy version. Worth every penny! By Saturday, I’ll have finished reading it, so I’m hereby requesting that, during the SacL5 Writers Group section, we have a discussion about his book. Try to at least get started reading it before the meeting!
Here’s the URL:
5:00-5:10 Begin regular meeting: Margin for everyone to arrive/greeting of new members.
5:10-6:00 Updates/general chapter business:
•President’s & Treasurer’s report. (Joe Bland, Ed Kulis)
•Update on SacL5 website (Ed Kulis)
•Update on NSS Chapters’ Assembly (CA) and CA chapter resources subcommittee. (Joe Bland, Ed Kulis)
•Update on JP Aerospace. (Paul Turner, Jan Roston)
• Update on Eric’s steam engine (Eric James)
•Update on SacL5/JP Aerospace high school “prize” (Ed Kulis, Paul Turner, Eric James, Kris Cerone, Joe Bland)
•Update on potential NASA grant application (Joe Bland)
6:00-6:45 General discussion
6:45 Begin SacL5 Writers Group meeting (Paul Turner)
7:30 Adjourn SacL5 Writers Group meeting.
7:30 End meeting
No physical meeting again this week. Don’t forget to buy Paul’s book! See everyone at 5:00 PM PDT tomorrow!
7482 Greenhaven Drive
Sacramento, CA 95831
- Paul Turner Books
- Quest for Sylvane to buy: Amazon.com Services LLC. To learn more: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BFK3R5JK/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_4GW4RK0NG26WJWD29GYA
- In the Garden of Mistress Bloom – Awarding winning SciFi Stories
- A debut collection of short sci-fi fiction that explores time and space with mischievous humor.
- JP Aerospace
- Breakfast on the Moon Apollo 17
- Saturday morning, 7am PT start December 10, 2022. 8pm in India.
- Overview: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_17
- A Traveler’s Guide to the Stars” by Les Johnson – Realistic discussions of crewed starship designs / timeframes for a feasible trip to Proxima Centuri in a reasonable amount of time
- “The Sparrow” by Mary Doria Russell – A SciFi novel about the first contact and a a trip to meet singing aliens living near Proxima Centuri. The meeting does not go well.
- The Alice Network – Women Spies in World War 1
- Fly Girls – How Five Daring Women Defied All Odds and Made Aviation History
- Goodnight Moon Base – What if every bedtime was a powerful inspiration for your child’s future?
- Moonfall – Leave your physics back at home but if you like a series of mostly predictable travails to reflect dim light on your popcorn then go for it.
- Start Trek: Strange New Worlds – “Quality of Mercy” – Last episode of Season 1. Rich characters, deep references, thoughtful reflection on what qualities are mercy
- The Orville: New Horizons – Comedy but good
- Star Trek: Discovery – No universe too big to save and of course, need to save all multi-verses through all time…
- Severance – Hmm…, might that enthusiasm for work, plaques, and quarterly pizza parties really be for someone else?