- Website: https://sacramentol5society.nss.orgMeeting Call: Sacramento L5 Society, Local Chapter, National Space SocietyWhere: Virtual presence only, via ZoomWhen: Saturday, August 13th, 2022, 5:00-7:30 PM Pacific Daylight Time(Note: Pacific Daylight Time started March 13th)Pre-Zoom notes:•These meetings are recorded.•Folks will be asked to briefly share their video, and phone callers asked to identify themselves.•We use the “waiting room” format. If I keep you waiting, call me and bawl me out! 916-429-6252Join Zoom meeting:Find your local number: https://us06web.zoom.us/u/kbdpRGEmNmMeeting ID: 868 9868 4719Passcode: email Joe Bland for passcodeAgenda:5:00-5:10 Begin regular meeting: Margin for everyone to arrive/greeting of new members.5:10-6:00 Updates/general chapter business:•President’s & Treasurer’s report. (Joe Bland)•Update on SacL5 website (Joe Bland)•Update on NSS Chapters’ Assembly (CA) and CA chapter resources subcommittee. (Jan Roston, Kris Cerone)•Update on JP Aerospace. (Paul Turner, Jan Roston)
• Update on Eric’s steam engine (Eric James)
• Update on “Watts On The Moon, Phase 2” NASA application (Joe Bland)•Update on SacL5/JP Aerospace “prize”(Paul Turner)6:00-6:45 Discussions•Discussion on SacL5 physical meeting startup date•Other6:45 Begin SacL5 Writers Group meeting (Paul Turner)7:30 Adjourn SacL5 Writers Group meeting.
- JP Links
- Breakfast on the Moon Apollo 17
- Tentatively scheduled for December-2022
- Sunday morning, 6:30 PT start December 11, 2022. 8pm in India.
- Overview: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_17
- Moonfall – Leave your physics back at home but if you like a series of mostly predictable travails to reflect dim light on your popcorn then go for it.
- Start Trek: Strange New Worlds – “Quality of Mercy” – Last episode of Season 1. Rich characters, deep references, thoughtful reflection on what qualities are mercy
- The Orville: New Horizons – Comedy but good
- Star Trek: Discovery – No universe too big to save and of course, need to save all multi-verses through all time…
- Severance – Hmm…, might that enthusiasm for work, plaques, and quarterly pizza parties really be for someone else?